If you have ever written an essay, you know that the conclusion is just as important as the introduction, if not more. The conclusion is your final chance to leave a lasting impression on your reader. It should be clear, concise, and convincing. In this article, we will guide you through the process of writing an effective essay conclusion.
In this section, we will discuss the importance of a good conclusion and what it should accomplish. We will also provide some tips to help you get started.
Why is a Good Conclusion Important? The conclusion is the final paragraph of your essay. It is your last chance to make a lasting impression on your reader. A good conclusion should:
– Summarize your main points: Your conclusion should remind your reader of the main points you made in your essay.
– Restate your thesis: Your thesis statement should be restated in your conclusion, but not word-for-word
– Leave a lasting impression: Your conclusion should leave your reader with something to think about. It should be memorable and thought-provoking
Tips for Writing a Good Conclusion:
1. Keep it concise: Your conclusion should be no more than10% of your essay’s total length.
2. Use strong, clear language: Your language should be clear and easy to understand.
3. Avoid introducing new information: Your conclusion should only summarize the information you have already presented.
4. End with a strong statement: Your final sentence should be memorable and thought-provoking.
2. How to Write a Conclusion
In this section, we will guide you through the process of writing a conclusion step-by-step
Step1: Summarize Your Main Points
The first step in writing a conclusion is to summarize your main points. This means briefly restating the main ideas you presented in your essay. You can do this in one or two sentences
Step2: Restate Your Thesis
The next step is to restate your thesis statement. Your restatement should not be word-for-word, but it should convey the same message. You can use different words or rephrase your thesis statement
Step3: Leave a Lasting Impression
The final step is to leave a lasting impression on your reader. You can do this by:- Asking a thought-provoking question
– Making a strong statement
– Providing a call to action
1. Q: Can I introduce new information in my conclusion?
A: No, your conclusion should only summarize the information you have already presented.
2. Q: How long should my conclusion be?
A: Your conclusion should be no more than10% of your essay’s total length.
3. Q: Should I restate my thesis in my conclusion?
A: Yes, your thesis statement should be restated in your conclusion.
4. Q: How can I make my conclusion memorable?
A: You can make your conclusion memorable by asking a thought-provoking question, making a strong statement, or providing a call to action.
5. Q: Why is a good conclusion important?
A: A good conclusion is important because it is your final chance to leave a lasting impression on your reader. It should summarize your main points, restate your thesis, and leave a lasting impression.